- Message from President
- Company Profile
- Company History
- Origin of the Name
- List of Member Organizations
Our company was created as product for development of new products on December 1, 1984 by Taiji Satoh, owner of numerous patents and new technologies. Since that time, it successfully developed the world’s first artificial solar lighting, as well as many other new products including special optical devices, equipment for the food product industry, and seafood processing automation equipment. These products are used in a broad range of industries, helping the company to build up a solid record of success and establish the foundation for its trust and business today.
I have been involved in the development of new products for many years, and have experienced much success and failure.
Among my inventions, artificial solar lighting was one that gathered particular attention. This product has been recognized worldwide as a standard light source for color evaluations.
All of us at SERIC are dedicated to helping develop new devices and systems which apply artificial solar lighting technologies in a range of fields, including the development of test lighting equipment for solar power generation – a renewable energy technology that is a powerful tool in the fight against global warming, light source systems for solar energy research aimed at reducing CO2 emissions, and phototoxicity testing systems for chemical substances.
Since our founding in 1984, we have developed and marketed a wide variety of products as a R&D-based company. Among them, our artificial solar lighting (XELIOS) products have been used by a large number of customers since they were first marketed in 1987.
We have continued to grow as a “specialized sunlight manufacturer” with support from many customers, and have worked strenuously to meet customer needs. As a result of this cumulative success, we have been able to produce good products and contribute to the further growth and development of our customers. We remain dedicated to an approach that allows us to enjoy this process.
All of our employees carry on the SERIC DNA that enjoys new challenges, and will work together for continued growth while contributing to the advancement of our customers.
We are a company that enjoys progress and contribution.
- We will provide a workplace where employees can enjoy working, and create rewarding work, so that we can continue to be a company where our employees enjoy everyday living.
- In order to further raise the level of customer satisfaction, we will dedicate ourselves to and enjoy the process of working to continually improve our technologies.
- We will continue to be a company that yields fair profits in order to contribute to the happiness of our shareholders and all persons involved with our company.
Purpose of our founding
- Dedicate ourselves to the principle of customer satisfaction, and contribute to the advancement of society through the development of high-quality new products and technologies.
- Be loved by society and our customers, earn trust, construct true prosperity, and contribute to the happiness of humanity.
- Understand that reflection is the seed of progress, and maintain a spirit of gratitude as we experience the joy of working.
Chairman: Taiji Satoh
President: Ikuo Satoh
December 1, 1984
Mizuho Bank, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Resona Bank, Saitama Resona Bank, Yachiyo Bank
Following is an introduction to the history of SERIC as a manufacturing company.
The SERIC accomplishments have been recognized in many areas.
|Apr. 2009||Higashi-kuninomiya International Culture Award for accomplishments in invention and education (Taiji Satoh)|
|Feb. 2002||Excellent Product Award from the Small and Medium Enterprises Cross-Industry Awards Association for medical, health, and welfare artificial solar lighting (Tokyo Cross Industry Plaza, Group H6, shared by 3 companies: SERIC, Kanatsu, and Product Design KEN)|
|May 1996||Yellow Ribbon Medal in recognition of accomplishments in the development of artificial solar lighting (Taiji Satoh)|
|Apr. 1992||Science and Technology Agency Director’s Award in recognition of accomplishments in the development of artificial solar lighting (Taiji Satoh)|
|Feb. 1991||Sasakawa Invention Special Award in recognition of artificial solar lighting (Taiji Satoh)|
|Mar. 1990||1990 Japan Shop Award awarded for artificial solar lighting (SERIC)|
SERIC is an acronym of Satoh Engineering Research Industry Co., Ltd.
This logo represents an electron. Although electrons are extremely small, they can do extremely big things, and have wonderful benefits. This logo was selected because, like an electron, our company may be small but we hope to do excellent work that will be of benefit to society. This logo is trademarked.
Following are the organizations of which SERIC is a member (no particular order)
- Japan Society for the Advancement of Inventions
- Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tokyo Cross-Industry Plaza
- Tokyo Health and Welfare Research Association
- Tokyo Lighting Technology Research Association
- Opto-Electronics Partners Association
- Japan Industries Association of Physical Therapy Device